How to prepare for a CPAP titration study?
A CPAP titration study involves an overnight stay at a sleep center, hospital or a special hotel room. The testing environment is set up so you will be comfortable during your stay.
On the day of your sleep study:
- Follow your normal routine as much as possible
- Avoid napping
- Avoid caffeine after lunch
- Avoid using hair sprays or gels that can interfere with the sleep recording
If you are on a regular medication, speak with your sleep doctor, who may recommend you stop taking the medication temporarily.
When it is time to report for your CPAP titration study, bring any items that you need for your nightly routine. Prepare for the sleep study as if you are staying at a hotel for a night. Guests are usually not allowed. You may want to bring:
- Comfortable pajamas or clothes to sleep in
- A toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss
- Makeup remover
- Reading material
- Clean clothes for the morning